Sixth Form (FED)
Pebble Brook School Leavers
Moving on to an appropriate setting after the FED is vital to our school. Since we opened our sixth form all our leavers have done exactly that and we are very proud of this fact. The FED builds on the great work of Key Stages 3 and 4. Many of the next steps are driven by our pupils and families but we like to think that we provide much of the help along the way.
The aims of the FED are to:
- Deliver a broad curriculum through highly structured and motivating individual teaching programmes and through well-planned and differentiated activities that will involve accreditation and non-accredited activities, enhancements and foundation learning to include PSD, vocational learning and skills for life.
- Have high expectations and positive attitudes.
- Encourage students to take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- Provide team members with positive and constructive feedback on a regular basis (students and staff).
- Introduce students to a range of sports and leisure activities and a lifestyle which is likely to promote good health.
- Develop links with the community, including volunteering.
The following will be accredited:
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills ICT
We will offer a context-based curriculum which encourages the ability to generalise specifically taught skills in different learning situations and apply them to meaningful everyday contexts. Weekly work experience and enterprise challenges based on individuals’ interests and relevance are encouraged and monitored.
Where we can, students are placed at work for one day per week. Employers supporting us amongst others are:
- Ercol Princes Risborough
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Shop
- Mid-Counties Co-Op
- Step in Cafe High Wycombe
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium
- The Lion Waddesdon
- Vale Tyres Waddesdon
Bedgrove Infant School
- The Healthy Living Centre
- Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital
- Recomm, High Wycombe